Show of Hands
January 31, 2018, 5:00-7:00 pm
Deadline January 19, 2018 at Noon
PITCH COMPETITION FOR SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND CHANGE
TOP FINALISTS WILL BE CHOSEN TO MAKE 5 MINUTE PRESENTATIONS TO THE CROWD.
WINNERS DETERMINED BY POPULAR VOTE.
Competition is January 31, 2018 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the WVU LaunchLab, room 413 of Evansdale Crossing.
Please read carefully:
- Existing products or businesses must be a not for profit
and have a social cause. Any products or services that have had any sales are
not eligible to pitch.
- Products and businesses must be established in the state of West Virginia
order will be randomly selected in advance.
- Each Presenter will be allotted 5 minutes to present. A time keeper will be on
hand to help monitor time and give a signal one minute prior to the ending time.
- There will be 3 minutes for questions from the audience.
- Presenters may have visual aids in order to enhance the presentation and/or to
set up a display for event attendees to view. Visuals may include photos, samples,
a TV or laptop with a running slide-show, brochures, business cards, etc.
- Presenters must inform LAUNCHLAB AT LEAST 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE of any basic audio/visual
software/hardware needs. The presentation is by your own design, style and technique,
as long as it is within the time allotment.
- There will be very brief intervals between presentations to allow for set up.
- At the end of all the presentations, all votes MUST be placed in the designated
ballot box to be collected and tabulated
- Attendees and Presenters can only vote for one choice.
- The winner will be issued the monetary award certificate at the conclusion of the
tallied votes. Money will be distributed via invoice for business requirements.
- Photos and information will be gathered to feature and share online by the sponsors of the event at the conclusion of the event •Please be present at LaunchLab at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the event.
CONTACT LaunchLab FOR MORE INFORMATION: Launchlab@mail.wvu.edu