Skip to main content
Idea Pitch Competition
Opens January 12, 2018
Submit application by close of business on February 12, 2018
February 22, 2018 from 5:00 – 6:30 PM at the LaunchLab in the Innovation Building
at WVU Tech, followed by a reception hosted by the Hive.
- Over $5000 in cash prizes to be awarded
- Open to all students in all majors, individuals or groups up to 4 persons
- Prizes awarded to move idea forward
- Up to the top 9 ideas will be chosen to compete head to head, announced on February
- Selected ideas will have 4 minutes to pitch to panel of judges, followed by 3 minute
Please read carefully:
Presenters may have visual aids in order to enhance the presentation and/or
to set up a display for event attendees to view. Visuals may include photos,
samples, a TV or laptop with a running slide-show, brochures, business cards,
- Presenters must inform LAUNCHLAB AT LEAST 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE of any basic audio/visual
software/hardware needs. The presentation is by your own design, style and
technique, as long as it is within the time allotment. (4 minute pitch)
- There will be very brief intervals between presentations to allow for set up.
- Attendees and Presenters can only vote for one choice. • Judges’ votes will
count for 10 points.
- The winner will be issued the monetary award certificate at the conclusion of
the tallied votes. Money will be distributed via invoice for business requirements.
- Photos and information will be gathered to feature and share online by the sponsors
of the event at the conclusion of the event
- Please be present at Beckley LaunchLab in the WVU Tech Innovation Building at
least 30 minutes prior to the start of the event.