I Heart IDEA Hub Pitch ChallengeJoin us on February 13, 2019 @ 5:00 p.m. for the I️ Heart IDEA Hub Pitch Challenge in Room 413, Evansdale Crossing! Applications for the I Heart IDEA Hub Pitch Challenge will open on January 14, 2019 and be due on January 28, 2019.
In the spirit of the Valentines Day season the WVU LaunchLab in conjunction with the WVU IDEA Hub will host the I Heart IDEA Hub Pitch Challenge. The purpose of this event is to bring together various IDEA Hub partners to compete in a central innovative competition. Students, faculty, staff and community members will have the opportunity to represent their respective IDEA Hub partner to go head to head with one another in this pitch competition. The I Heart IDEA Hub Pitch Challenge will consist of a five-minute pitch followed by a five-minute Q & A session from the judges. First, second, and third place winners will receive cash prizes to further their innovation. This event will additionally serve as a valuable networking opportunity for the entire IDEA Hub.
The LaunchLab will provide the winners of this competition funding to be directly applied to resource needs and innovation development.
Rules and Regulations:
- All LaunchLab competitions are non-discriminatory in nature.
- Students, faculty, staff and community members will be allowed to compete in this competition.
- Applicants must be clients of the LaunchLab, the Health Sciences Innovation Center, the Evansdale Innovation Center or the Women's Business Center.
- Presenters may have visual aids in order to enhance the presentation and/or to set up a display for event attendees to view. Visuals may include photos, samples, a TV or laptop with a running slide-show, brochures, business cards, etc.
- Presenters must inform LAUNCHLAB AT LEAST 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE of any basic audio/visual software/hardware needs. The presentation is by your own design, style and technique, as long as it is within the time allotment.
- There will be very brief intervals between presentations to allow for set up.
- At the end of each round of presentations, all votes MUST be placed in the designated ballot box to be collected and tabulated.
- Attendees and Presenters can only vote for one choice.
- Judges’ votes will count for 10 points.
- Photos and information will be gathered to feature and share online by the sponsors of the event at the conclusion of the event.
- Please be present at LaunchLab at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the event.
- Proceeds from competition winnings will be applied directly to materials or services providers.