March IDEA Challenge
The WVU LaunchLab is excited to host the second annual March Idea Challenge! The top 8 finalist will be announced on or before March 21 and will compete in head-to-head live competition at the LaunchLab on Wednesday, March 27 from 5:00-7:00 PM. Download the flyer to learn more about the event. Be sure to attend as your vote matters!
1. SELECT YOUR CATEGORY
Examples: arts, culture, humanitiesGeneral Social Issues
Examples: women's issues, West Virginia problem solving, food deserts Innovation
Examples: mobile apps, service businesses Innovative Products
Examples: ideas and prototypes for new tangible products
2. COMPLETE THE APPLICATION
Starting March 1, submit a 90-second video online at launch.wvu.edu. Deadline to
enter is March 17. Your video must include the following
• A description of your idea.
• The problem it solves or opportunity it creates.
• A description of the customer you are serving.
3. MAKE IT TO THE TOP 8
All submissions meeting the submission criteria will be evaluated by independent, category specific judges. The Top 8 Ideas based upon uniqueness, feasiblity and investment opportunity will be selected. On March 21, the Top 8 Ideas will be announced!
4. COMPETE LIVE AT LAUNCHLAB
The Top 8 Ideas will compete in a live, head-to-head competition at LaunchLab on March 27. The judges and audience will select the winner, with cash prizes awarded!
Please read carefully:
Presenters may have visual aids in order to enhance the presentation and/or
to set up a display for event attendees to view. Visuals may include photos,
samples, a TV or laptop with a running slide-show, brochures, business cards,
- Presenters must inform LAUNCHLAB AT LEAST 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE of any basic audio/visual
software/hardware needs. The presentation is by your own design, style and
technique, as long as it is within the time allotment.
There will be very brief intervals between presentations to allow for set up.
- At the end of each round of presentations, all votes MUST be placed in the designated
ballot box to be collected and tabulated
Attendees and Presenters can only vote for one choice.
- Judges’ votes will count for 10 points.
- The winner will be issued the monetary award certificate at the conclusion of
the tallied votes. Money will be distributed via invoice for business requirements.
- Photos and information will be gathered to feature and share online by the sponsors
of the event at the conclusion of the event
Please be present at LaunchLab at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the
event. March Idea Challenge
- Proceeds from competition winnings will be applied directly to materials or services providers.
Contact LaunchLab for more information: Launchlab@mail.wvu.edu