Adventure Recreation Pitch
Do you have an innovative idea based upon recreation, adventure or tourism? The Adventure Recreation Pitch competition could help you make your idea a reality!
Join the Launchlab Network and Adventure WV for the Adventure Recreation Pitch competition being held in two locations on March 5 at 5:00 p.m.
The Morgantown event will take place in Room 413, Evansdale Crossing. Beckley's
event will be located in Room 101 of the Innovation Building. Come
find your version of heaven!
To apply follow the instructions and answer questions about your idea, how it is innovative, and what the funds will be used for. Pick the location where you want to pitch, Beckley or Morgantown. Then film a short 30-60 seconds video explaining your idea and why you should present. You will need to provide an unlisted YouTube link.
All submissions will be evaluated by category-specific judges. The top ideas will be selected based upon uniqueness, feasibility and investment opportunity to compete in a live, head-to-head competition at the LaunchLab on March 5 at 5:00pm.
Rules and Regulations:
- Presentation order will be randomly selected in advance.
- Each Presenter will be allotted 5 minutes to present. A time keeper will be on hand to help monitor time and give a signal one minute prior to the ending time.
- There will be 5 minutes for questions from the audience.
- Presenters may have visual aids in order to enhance the presentation and/or to set up a display for event attendees to view. Visuals may include photos, samples, a TV or laptop with a running slide-show, brochures, business cards, etc.
- Presenters must inform LAUNCHLAB AT LEAST 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE of any basic audio/visual software/hardware needs. The presentation is by your own design, style and technique, as long as it is within the time allotment.
- There will be very brief intervals between presentations to allow for set up.
- At the end of all the presentations, all votes MUST be placed in the designated ballot box to be collected and tabulated.
- Attendees and Presenters can only vote for one choice.
- Judges’ votes will count for 10 points.
- The winner will be issued the monetary award certificate at the conclusion of the tallied votes. Money will be distributed via invoice for business requirements.
- Photos and information will be gathered to feature and share online by the sponsors of the event at the end of the event.
- Please be present at LaunchLab at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the event.
- All LaunchLab competitions are non-discriminatory in nature.